There seems to be a lot of Christmas spirit in the Losing It crowd. Jenn has rewritten Twas the Night Before Christmas, Moneca has visions of exercise sugar plums dancing in her head and I wrote about my fitness advent calendar last time. Well lately, I’ve had the 12 Days of Christmas on my mind and I’ve followed the muse. Not the sort that insists on the same rhythm as the original – more like Bob and Doug McKenzie’s 12 Days of Christmas but without the beer.
Jumping straight to the final verse…
On the twelfth day of Christmas, Losing It gave to me:
- 12 fitness podcasts (Click Fitness – Click to Get Fit; Cut the Fat Weight Loss Podcast; Fat 2 Fit Radio; Fit Girl: Your Guide to Getting in Shape; The FitCast: Fitness and Nutrition Podcast; Get-Fit Guy’s Quick and Dirty Tips to Slim Down and Shape Up; Nutrition Diva’s Quick and Dirty Tip for Eating Well and Feeling Fabulous; Podrunner Workout Music; Reasonable Diet’s 6 Minutes of Sanity; The Running Show; Running with the Pack; Two Fit Chicks and a Microphone)
- 11 running terms (10 and 1s, interval, fartlek, tempo, race pace, hydration, gels, chunks, sport beans, hills and drills)
- 10 reasons to be fit (your health, your spouse/significant other, your kids, your pet, you’ll motivate your best friend, your butt will look great, imagine the reaction of that nasty girl from grade 12, you’ll be able to chase your grandkids, the people you’ll meet, the way you’ll feel)
- 9 veggies to love (carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, peppers, celery, asparagus, brussel sprouts, cucumbers)
- 8 fruits to love (blueberries, strawberries, cantaloupe, watermelon, apples, pears, grapefruit, raspberries)
- 7 words to use to describe you (strong, determined, fit (or getting there), health-focused, fabulous, smart, successful)
- 6 words to ban (fat, fail, not a priority, can’t)
- 5 well-planned meals – okay 3 meals and 2 snacks each and every day
- 4 sites with running quotes (Funny Marathon Signs, 43 Funny Marathon Signs, Motivational Running Quotes, Running Quotes from John Bingham)
- 3 great times to exercise: morning, noon and night
- 2 go-to breakfast foods ( Theresa Albert’s Magic Museli and Red River Cereal)
- You’re one-derful as you are.
I wish everyone a happy, healthy and fit holiday season!
Tale of the scale
I gained 2 pounds when I visited my mom. I lost it when I returned home. My body likes to be this weight. I have to convince it that 5 pounds lighter would be better. Right after Christmas.
I’ve done better, especially when someone reminded me of my advent calendar commitments. I should have printed my advent calendar, though, because I’ve missed some.