I did it! I ran my first Marathon and it was one of the most amazing days of my life! From start to finish it was incredible. I wrote all about it on my blog and have lots of pictures to share if you interested in the story.
So now what? I have to say its been a strange week, I rode the high all day Sunday and Monday and started to come back down to earth Tuesday. Tuesday I was found myself online looking at other races, I was like an addict looking for my next fix. I have been itching to get out for a run and to recreate that feeling, but the top of my foot is still sore from the race so I am being good and staying off high impact activity. I have been to the gym each day this week for light cardio on non-impact machines, or strength training. While doing cardio I have played my Marathon playlist and I can’t tell you how neat it is to hear certain songs that take me back to a certain spot in the race. I get the goosebumps all over again. Its like the songs are charged with all that emotion. Its the neatest thing.
I find myself feeling a bit lost without a “training plan” and a giant goal waiting for me. So I have set out some new goals to light some fire in me and get me excited again. I love having goals big and small to keep me on track and motivated.
So here they are in no particular order:
- Do one pull up by the end of the summer
- Strength train a minimum of 3 days per week, I really backed off the strength training as I closed in on the marathon and I have lost strength and muscle.
- Play at CITY CHASE and do as many Chase Points as I can
- I signed up to run the Army Run Half Marathon again, and I would like to beat my recent training time of 1:56 (ran it last year in 2:11) so I’m eager to get into that (yes after resting for 2 weeks Mom I mean Tracy)
- nutrition wise I want to clean up my diet (whole foods focus, lean proteins, complex carbs, healthy fats, lots of fruit and veggies)…again in the last month or two as my distance really ramped up I was eating a lot more and falling into the eat whatever you like because you just burned a zillionass calories. Time to break those bad habits
So tell me what are your goals big and small for the summer?